What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is the act of placing small, thin needles into the body at specific points.
How can acupuncture help my pet?
- Help control chronic diseases in conjunction with Western medicine practices
- Help maintain general wellness
- Speed healing after an operation
- Aid pain control in conjunction with Western medicine practices
What happens in my pet’s body during acupuncture?
- Capillaries dilate so more blood flows to the area
- The immune system activates
- Inflammation decreases
- Circulation normalizes
- Serotonin (the “feel good” neurotransmitter) increases
Does it hurt?
Acupuncture needles feel like small pin pricks.
Is acupuncture safe?
Yes! We always use sterile stainless steel needles
Are there side effects?
Side effects are rare, but if you are concerned, please contact 43rd Avenue Animal Hospital.
To schedule a veterinary acupuncture consultation or appointment, please contact 43rd Avenue Animal Hospital.